BEHEMOTH's 'Evangelion' Certified Gold In Poland

9:18 AM / Posted by metallic sucker and moslem militan /

"Evangelion", the new album from Polish extreme metallers BEHEMOTH, has been certified gold in the band's home country for sales in excess of 15,000 copies.

Commented guitarist/vocalist Adam "Nergal" Darski: "Wow… big fuckin' WOW! What else can I say? This is HUGE day for BEHEMOTH. From the bottom of our hearts, we'd like thank all the people who bought the record and made it happen! Also massive thanks go to Mystic Productions in Poland for giving us so much support and strength! You are more than awesome!

"Now we are stuck somewhere in Austrian mountains, the tour is doing great even though most of us are battling with the flu. I'm on antibiotics and steroids so I can't even celebrate tonight with the bottle of Jack D. in my hands… I just hope some of you can do it for me? Haha…

"Once again, thank you for all the support!"

"Evangelion" spent four weeks on the official chart in Poland, coming in at the #1 spot three weeks in a row after debuting at #2, just behind MICHAEL JACKSON.

In a recent interview with Decibel magazine, Darski and bassist Orion (real name: Tomasz Wróblewski) both admitted that they have given serious consideration to moving away from Poland. "The more places we see, the less connected we feel with the place we live in," Wróblewski said. "All of them seem more attractive than Poland. But you get used to a place where you live, and it's kind of hard to move. But it's possible, yes."

"I'm always thinking about it," Darski admitted. "I was just in New York for a few days, and I was thinking about it then. I mean, I'm rooted here, right? I've got my family here; I've got a nice apartment; I've got a few friends. And I was born here. But I would have no problems to live my life a few months in Poland and maybe a few months somewhere else. If one day I fall in love in Portugal or Brazil, I'm not gonna think twice. I'll buy an apartment in one of those countries and just move there and try to live a normal life."

Darski continued, "I can't understand why people come to Poland and say, 'Oh, this country is so nice and the people are so cool.' I tell them, 'No — these people are not cool. It's just a façade. They just pretend. Deep in their hearts, they are evil human beings.' You see, people in this country are very backward-thinking and very conservative. People who don't grow up here don't know the reality, and they will never find out."

Video footage of BEHEMOTH's November 1, 2009 concert at Hof Ter Lo in Antwerp, Belgium can be viewed below (courtesy of "letthedeathmetalflow").

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment